$38.95 – $75.95
With the majority of mountain bikes & e-bikes sold worldwide coming with inner tubes, there’s ongoing issues with inner tube cuts & punctures which can leave a rider stranded and basically ruining the ride. Introducing the new ‘Tube Defender’.
Tube Defender is made of high quality, high dense, closed cell Polyurethane foam providing a protective layer between the bicycle tire and the inner tube and protects against inner tube pinch flats.
Cut to fit wheel sizes
20″ | 24″ | 26″ | 27.5″ | 29″
Features & Benefits
- Easy to Install
- Designed for bicycles using inner tubes
- Provides a protective barrier between inner tube and tire tread – tire sidewall
- Provides up to 14mm protection in tread area
- Provides up to 4mm protection in sidewall area
- Minimizes inner tube pinch flats
- Smoothens out rough terrain
- Increases traction
- May require narrower inner tube to compensate for reduce tire volume – not included with purchase
Tube Defender & Inner Tube Fitment Guide
- 2.00/2.30 Tube Defender: Fits tire width 1.90 to 2.30. Recommended to use 1.90 to 2.20 inner tube width
- 2.40/2.80 Tube Defender: Fits tire width 2.40 to 2.80. Recommended to use 2.20 to 2.40 inner tube width
Tube Defender Tire Pressure Guide
PSI recommendations are based on Tube Defender ongoing testing to determine the best overall performance and life cycle.
- Under 150 lbs @ 20-25 psi
- 150 to 180 lbs @ 25-30 psi
- 180 to 220 lbs @ 30-35psi
- Over 220 lbs @ 40-45psi
- 2.00/2.30 inch (1pc kit) – $38.95
- 2.00/2.30 inch (2pc kit) – $73.95
- 2.40/2.80 inch (1pc kit) – $39.95
- 2.40/2.80 inch (2pc kit) – $75.95
- The inner tube in your bike maybe compatible with Tube Defender, however, it’s recommended to install a new inner tube when installing Tube Defender. Be sure to check the inner tube size marking to confirm it’s within Tube Defenders recommended size.
- Be sure to view the Tube Defender install video.